Are you THE BEST at what you do? We're the place the best want to work!
Kopis is seeking a full-time, Mid-Level Software Engineer in the Greenville, South Carolina area. We are looking for a strong candidate with a proven track of building solutions.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Work well independently or with a brilliant team of experienced developers in a collaborative culture of innovation.
- Are drawn to communicate directly with clients to gather requirements, translate progress, deliver production-quality applications and provide customer support of that application.
- Regularly have ideas that you can evolve from tiny seeds into full-blown solutions that result in a transformative outcome.
- Take leadership responsibility and solve problems that impact our clients’ business.
- Deliver professional and complete quality solutions with a sound user experience.
- Have the ability to provide guidance to a team and receive feedback.
- Genuinely find joy in helping others succeed.
- Enjoy the additional freedoms and responsibilities of small company culture.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years (or more) of software development experience (primarily web development)
- Participated in the design and architecture of a custom software system from the ground up to fulfill functional requirements
- The ability to create a robust, easily maintainable source code solution.
- The ability to design and implement a clean, user-friendly interface for web applications
- Excellent communication skills (this is a “must-have) including the ability to write clean, coherent design documents.
- Great self-management skills and are able to work completely independently on projects, meet deadlines, and use a pragmatic approach in solving customer challenges (this is another “must-have!”).
We give Bonus Points if you have:
- Recent experience developing and publishing native iOS and/or Android applications.
- Experience with AWS and Azure
Who we are and what we do:
We have dedicated experts in Software Development, Business Intelligence, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and many other areas of IT. We love what we do, and who we get to do it with. And who wouldn’t? As the largest and most experienced custom software development team in Greenville, SC, we get to work with brilliant peers in a collaborative culture of innovation, and evolve ideas from tiny seeds into full-blown solutions that transform organizations.
We get to make a serious difference with our clients. We never get bored, because we get to learn about lots of different companies’ business models and face and ever-changing landscape of different problems.
Why our Core Values Drive Us:
As Kopis has grown over the past 22+ years it has become increasingly more important to stay true to who we are and what got us to where we are. Continually thinking about our core values, using them as a guiding light is more important than ever before as we face new challenges. We intentionally and regularly remember these values and incorporate reminders of them into as many aspects of our internal communications and processes as possible, including our hiring decisions:
Other things you should know about Kopis:
- STABLE EMPLOYMENT: Kopis has been around for over 22 years. We are the oldest and most reliable "start-up” in town! And we proudly are home to the largest and most experienced custom software development team in the entire southeast region
- FLEXIBLE WORK/LIFE BALANCE: We believe in a flexible and trusting work environment. (If you are a grown up, come play). Employees enjoy the options to work in/out of the office.
- AWARD WINNING: We are an award winning firm: we have been named by the SC Chamber as one of the Best Places to Work, recognized by the Greenville Chamber as Business of the Month and have many team members received individual awards for their work in the company and within the community.
- GREAT LEADERSHIP: We have top-notch award-winning leadership. Our CEO recently was recognized as the Entrepreneurial Success of the Year, and our COO was named to the 2019 Best & Brightest List. Our leaders operate under an open-door policy and welcome feedback and input from every member of the team.
- WE CELEBRATE INDIVIDUALITY: We're first and foremost a team; but that doesn’t mean this is a place to blend in. We are looking for creative, intelligent, opinionated, hard-working teammates who want their efforts and input to matter.
- OUR LOCATION IS UNBEATABLE: Work in a great downtown location in the NEXT building, grab lunch at Biscuit Head or Sidewall Pizza, jump on the Swamp Rabbit trail for a quick walk after lunch! We were even mentioned in Wall Street Journal for our walking meetings with clients on the Swamp Rabbit!
- YOUR HEALTH MATTERS: Benefit packages that support our vision of a company that cares for its people. Each employee receives an annual $150 health stipend in addition to a full complement of benefits and a 401(k) plan
Still here? Intrigued?
Apply today and let’s start the conversation!
This description is not an all-inclusive description of all job duties. Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned which are not mentioned above at any time based upon the demands of the company. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.