Are you THE BEST at what you do? We're the place THE BEST want to work!
Kopis is seeking a DevOps and Software Engineer to develop, implement and automate our cloud computing strategies. If you’re passionate about cloud deployment automation as well as cloud management and monitoring as part of the custom software creation process, Kopis has the role for you.
As the largest and most experienced custom software development team in Greenville, SC — and the entire southeast region — we get to work with brilliant peers in a collaborative culture of innovation and evolve ideas from tiny seeds into full-blown solutions that transform organizations. Our employee focus is to build a strong team of high-caliber professionals, whom we reward with excellent pay, insurance, holidays, vacation, and other benefits. This is a fulltime position in the Greenville, South Carolina area. Work where you are encouraged to balance your work projects and other life goals in a rewarding and family-friendly work environment.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Work well independently or with a brilliant team of experienced team members in a collaborative culture of innovation
- Take leadership responsibility and solve problems that impact our clients’ business
- Genuinely find joy in helping others succeed
- Enjoy the additional freedoms and responsibilities of small company culture
- Rise to the challenge of difficult problems and complex systems
- Value doing things the right way
- Are not afraid to work directly with clients
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience developing, implementing, and automating cloud computing strategies, either with Azure or AWS, as well as experience in cloud management and monitoring, and support for application architecture.
- Understanding of coding languages, specifically .Net/C#, web application development, database design, structure and security, and familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, or Ruby
- Knowledge of Terraform or other infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Packer
- Familiarity with building out development pipelines and release cycles following CI/CD best practices.
- The ability to collaborate with development and operations teams to help create reliable and frequent releases for software and updates including:
- Testing of new features
- Identifying solutions that may impact applications for cloud deployment
- Building automation tools
- Standardizing technologies
- Improving operation efficiency
- The ability to build and maintain robust Continuous Integration pipelines and automate build & deployment processes, with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles.
We Give Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster and containerization, either in Docker or Podman, hosted in AWS.
- Prior experience building out templated environments for development.
Why our Core Values Drive Us:
As Kopis has grown over the past 22+ years it has become increasingly more important to stay true to who we are and what got us to where we are. Continually thinking about our core values, using them as a guiding light is more important than ever before as we face new challenges. We intentionally and regularly remember these values and incorporate reminders of them into as many aspects of our internal communications and processes as possible, including our hiring decisions:
Who we are and what we do:
We are dedicated experts in Software Development, ERP, Business Intelligence, Project Management, and many other areas of IT. We love what we do, and who we get to do it with. And who wouldn’t? We get to make a serious difference with our clients. We never get bored, because we get to learn about lots of different companies’ business models and face an ever-changing landscape of different problems.
Other things you should know about Kopis:
- STABLE EMPLOYMENT: Kopis has been around for over 22 years. We are the oldest and most reliable “start-up” in town! And we proudly are home to the largest and most experienced custom software development team in the entire southeast region.
- FLEXIBLE WORK/LIFE BALANCE: We believe in a flexible and trusting work environment. (If you are a grown up, come play). Employees enjoy the options to work in/out of the office.
- AWARD WINNING: We are an award winning firm, in 2019, 2020 and 2021 Kopis was named one of South Carolina’s Fastest Growing Businesses and named by the SC Chamber as one of the Best Places to Work. We have been recognized by the Greenville Chamber as Business of the Month and have many team members received individual awards for their work in the company and within the community.
- GREAT LEADERSHIP: We have top-notch award-winning leadership. Our CEO recently was recognized as the Entrepreneurial Success of the Year, our COO was named to the 2019 Best & Brightest List, and CMO/GM of ERP was named to the 40 under 40 list. Our leaders operate under an open-door policy and welcome feedback and input from every member of the team.
- OUR LOCATION IS UNBEATABLE: Work in a great downtown location in the NEXT building, grab lunch at Biscuit Head or Sidewall Pizza, jump on the Swamp Rabbit trail for a quick walk after lunch! We were even mentioned in Wall Street Journal for our walking meetings with clients on the Swamp Rabbit!
- YOUR HEALTH MATTERS: Benefit packages that support our vision of a company that cares for its people. Each employee receives an annual $150 health stipend on top of an already stellar complement of health benefits.
Still here? Intrigued? Apply today and let’s talk about how you can do some of the most fulfilling work of your life!
This description is not an all-inclusive description of all job duties. Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned which are not mentioned above at any time based upon the demands of the company. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.